Just in time for Cinco de Mayo…
If you haven’t noticed my last blog post was on these tasty tostadas.
I think I’m sort of obsessed. My husband once claimed that I never made any other kind of food! While I think that statement is a little extreme, I do love Mexican food and especially quesadillas.
These quesadillas are a cinch to throw together, and dinner can be done in minutes if you already have shredded chicken. I like to cook a little extra chicken than I need for a recipe, that way I can have a quick meal later by storing the extra cooked chicken in the freezer.
Although I know quesadillas can be made quickly with just chicken and cheese, this sauce mixture adds so much flavor and takes no time at all to whip up.
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (or use my homemade salsa recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile pepper (or use chipotle if you want a little more heat)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (or Mexican blend) cheese
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, mayo, chile powder, and cumin.
- Spread salsa mixture on one half of each side of the tortillas, evenly dividing up the sauce mixture.
- Add chicken on top of salsa mixture and top with about 2 Tablespoons cheese on each quesadilla.
- Cook quesadillas in pairs in a skillet (preferably a flat one) over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown and crispy. Cut in half and serve immediately.