The hubby went on a crazy canoeing trip over the long holiday, so I went to my parents’ house. (He canoed along the river from around our house all the way to the coast – about 150 mile trip!!) While he was having all that outdoors time, I thought I would have a little pool time at my parents, while my mom watched the little one. However, it was way too cool the entire weekend to even think about getting in the pool. I began to wonder again if it really was May…the end of May at that!
We did get some quality yard sale-ing (is that a word?) in. Who would have thought there would be so many yard sales going on over the holiday weekend? Due to my lack of sleep, we didn’t get out til super late, though we did still manage to find some good stuff.
Besides sleeping terribly while at my parents’ house, my little girl picked up a cute habit of gasping every time she thinks something is funny. I think it’s a cute habit anyway; the hubby keeps asking what’s wrong with her!
On to the food:
The hardest part about this recipe is the name. Is it barbeque…or barbecue…or BBQ…or, as my mom calls it, barbecues? (Pretty sure it’s not barbecues, Mom, but mostly anything else works.)
Regardless of how you say the name, these skewers are quick and delicious. Summertime meal that requires virtually no thought = perfect. Plus, I love a meal where the hubby does the actual cooking, even though I do the prepping. We served this with my Dill Potato Salad for a great summer dinner.
(Stay tuned later this week for a guest post by an awesome blogger!)
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup barbeque sauce, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Alternate peppers, chicken, and pineapple on skewer. Repeat for remaining 3 skewers. Brush about 1/2 cup of barbeque over skewers. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over skewers.
- Grill for several minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through. Top with remaining 1/4 cup barbeque sauce.